Saturday, April 11, 2015

L'aventure commence- The adventure begins

Today's reveal is sketch 119, designed by Let's Capture Our Memories owner Isabelle Perreault Doucette.



Isn't simple and effective? It really showcases the photo, no matter what you put around it...
This is my take on this fun sketch:



I can't believe how fast this one came together. I quickly layered everything under my photo, then went to search for the perfect background... Well... the pink was just screaming to brighten up a summer layout!

Ahhhhhh.... adventure... summer vacation....

This is my favorite photo from our summer vacation last year... We took a break at the tourist information center just before crossing the Confederation Bridge to get to our campsite. We had a blast with the cousins at the Canada Day fireworks, lounging at the beach, exploring the island, eating great food, revisiting the antique toy store, even fitting in a water balloon fight...great memories for years to come...

The papers are a mix of a bit of everything in my stash- most are from a summer kit purchased from Crop & Create Delivered. I have some papers from Glitz Design, My Mind's Eye, Pebbles, and the background is from Studio Calico's neutral pack. The alphas are Thickers and Basic Grey stickers. The enamel dots are Basic Grey and the corrugated heart is by Jillibean Soup. The clip is by Maya Road and that's a Prima flower... I used hearts instead of stars, and brought it all together with a DMC floss hand stitched heart. I don't have a heart that big and drew it by hand. That cute car is by My Mind's Eye, found at the bottom of my stash...

Keep this one on deck for a later use or come play with us at Let's Capture Our Memories...link up to win a gift certificate!

Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

  1. Je viens tout juste de remarquer le coeur stitché! WOW!

    ReplyDelete