Saturday, January 03, 2015

New layout- Bonjour 2014! Hello 2014!

Well 2015 is upon us, and I have to say, this is my very first New Year themed layout. I never thought about making one before... I suppose I never really took pictures, especially when we're in PJs watching the countdown on TV... But last year, we welcomed 2014 with a bang! DH was working and couldn't really go out, so we had people in- 4 families, 7 kids, a large turkey supper, a parade complete with trumpets and silly hats, a countdown (around 9h30)...then a sleepover. We had a good time!

The photos aren't the greatest, but it's a firm memory of what happened- lots of action (blurry shots), a nice meal, good friends, fun.

The sketch is by Let's Capture Our Memories owner Isabelle Perreault-Doucette. The multiple photo grid made it easy to incorporate my quick snapshots to give a feel for the mood of the evening. I added some mini pictures to include more shots of our DS#3 who felt overwhelmed by the activity....

Here's the versatile sketch:




And here's my layout, using Pink Paislee's Merry and Bright. 



There was a tiny bit of stash busting here- I've had that red sheet of Bo Bunny snowflake paper since forever, same for the felt mistletoe and flourishes. The rest was done from the tiny amount of Pink Paislee papers I do have- a 6x6 paper pad. 

The numericals and the heart are from Jillibean Soup, the wood veneeres are Studio Calico and most embellishments are Pink Paislee. There's a tiny star by Basic Grey, and the twine is by Maya Road. The date stamper is by American Craft.

Thanks for looking- your comments are appreciated as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment