Saturday, January 31, 2015

Défi Lime Citron de Janvier

My friend Aurélie sent me a message with only a few words and a link to  Lime Citron January Challenge.

What a fun challenge. It really took me out of my element as I felt it was a great opportunity to expand my horizons and try new things. As the challenge cites, we needed to use the title "Idées de grandeur", use lots of snowflakes and some Lime Citron products.

Here is my entry:



It's all about how the snowdrift got so high near the house one day that DS#2 got very excited, made it higher and was thrilled to be able to touch the roof. What an accomplishment! Christmas vacation 2013.

I used some Mister Huey's Water Cooler green mist for the background, then stencilled in some Gesso snowflakes, then embroidered the snowflake contours with floss. I added in some heat embossed snowflakes too. The papers are from Pink Paislee's Merry And Bright. The wood veneer is painted with a new Stella and Wink silver brush. The alphas are Jillibean Soup and Fancy Pants. The badge is of course Lime Citron. The stamps are from Kesi Art and the limited edition fall stamp from Scrapbook & Cards Today. 

I took awhile to make this layout, coming back to it now and then, with the embroidery and all- but I rather like the effect and final result. I believe I will be a bit more adventurous in the future- it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment