Saturday, August 09, 2014

sketch #84 at Let's Capture Our Memories

It's that time of the week again and sketch 84 is up on the Let's Capture Our Memories blog- lots of inspiration around that place! Did you seeeee the amazing mini album using kraft envelopes??? Wowsers! And those Disney theme papers from Simple Stories- just so cute!

Today's reveal sketch is simple, but of course, a sketch is just the beginning. There are so many ways to make this sketch your own. This one is by Vicki Saulnier. I flipped it to suit my pictures.





I used some of my stash- Paradise Beach by Echo Park... it felt right for the pictures, taken at the beach in June of 2014. There's a Studio Calico cork piece, a woodie and washi tape by Queen & Co. I added some embellishments on top, a sticker row and a few layers of beach theme papers, sort of cinching the papers with a bit of washi tape. Thanks Aurélie at LCOM for the inspiration to stitch by hand. I usually if not always stitch with the sewing machine, so the 2 strands of embroidery floss felt much better and nicer than the whole thick strand. The journaling translates to "You thought you were pretty cool in my hat and glasses- you were right!" Great memories camping on the Island...

No comments:

Post a Comment