Thursday, May 01, 2014

Published in the Let's Get Sketchy's Get Inspired Issue 3!!!

I'm really happy to tell you 3 of my layouts have been chosen to be featured in the Let's Get Sketchy Get Inspired Magazine Issue 3!!!  So excited!!




My first layouts are part of the Manufacturer's section, this time around, they featured Echo Park Papers. I love Echo Park! They have understood the needs of Mom's with boys, and have great, colourful, fun, bright papers. I love them! Here I used the Winter Park and Wintertime collections. This was part of a DT reveal at Let's Capture Our Memories, our LSS. My first layout is on page 72:





My second layout is on page 73- a layout created for the Paper Camellia February sketch challenge featuring DS#3 a few days after his first haircut at 3 1/2 months old. His hair was in his eyes, he had a mullet. Something had to be done! Our barber's youngest client ever...



My third layout is my favorite- DS#3 just grinning! I had a good time with this great collection from Fancy Pants Design. The Good Life is such a colourful collection. I love it all. I made use of the packaging with the horizontal stripe on top. I love to stitch on layouts. This was submitted in the Black Background section. Although hubby feels it's darker than my usual (it is), I feel it makes the picture pop and gives stunning results.




A few details:




My favorite element is the hidden journaling pocket, made with vellum. I stamped on it to give it appeal. I laid on some chevron border stamps before sewing the red border. The red stamp makes it stand out. I saw this on the American Crafts blog and thought it looked cool.

Journaling reads: My favorite moments are everyday moments, the ones with no expectations, when we see the joy and zest you have for life, with a lopsided grin on your face. We are seeing you discover, explore, grow. We love you to pieces, xoxox Mom


It's on page 108. Photo credit: Laure Handfield. Sketch by Kristine Davidson at Creative Scrappers.



http://www.joomag.com/magazine/lets-get-inspired-may-issue-3/0458203001398802899

1 comment: