Thursday, December 05, 2013

Can u hear me now?

I love sketches!!! They're a great take off point to get creative. I don't miss the days when I stared at patterned paper and cardstock, wondering where to cut first. Sketches are a great way to get the most out of your scrappy time. If you're like me, time is limited, and I'd rather not waste it with "scrapper's block"!

My favorite sketch site is Creative Scrappers. I was on their DT last fall and had an absolute blast. It definitely boosted my creativity (I work best under pressure sometimes...hehehehe!)

This is Creative Scrappers's May Challenge. The sketch is by the owner, Kristine Davidson, and was a bit out of my comfort zone with it's very separate elements, but I like the final result. It seems suiting that the layout is about DS#3 "working" on the computer, on the CS page...



And here's my take on the sketch-

To me this is totally funny as he's talking on the phone, surfing the web, on a Creative Scrappers page, at 15 months old. Monkey see, monkey do... Scrappy goodies from Jillibean Soup.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. ok, i confess, i haven't been here in ages! nice to see you posting and your blog looks fabulous ;-)
    xx I'll visit more often, you're on my reader now!

    ReplyDelete